hbase-user mailing list archives

From <jw4306...@gmail.com>
Subject Using KnoxSSO Proxy for Hbase Web UIs
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2020 14:49:55 GMT
Hello!

I'm trying to prevent anonymous access to the Hbase Master and Regionserver
standard web UIs (the ones running on ports 16010/16030). I'm not able to
use SPNEGO protection on the web interfaces as the workstations my team
would be coming in from are Windows 10 workstations on a different domain
(that we don't have the rights to install software on).

Is it possible to configure the Hbase web UIs to utilize Knox's KnoxSSO
proxy? Something analogous to this configuration setting in Hadoop's
core-site.xml:

<property>

<name>hadoop.http.authentication.authentication.provider.url</name>

<value>https://
<https://%3cknoxGWserver%3e:8443/gateway/knoxsso/api/v1/websso%3c/value>
<knoxGWserver>:8443/gateway/knoxsso/api/v1/websso</value>

</property>

If not, are there any other options available other than disabling the web
interfaces entirely?

Thanks!