hbase-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: replication fix and hbase 1.4.13?
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2020 16:18:04 GMT
That fix is already slated for 1.4.13. There would be an exceptional
issue for it to not be included at this point. The "-1" you saw is just
an automated, nightly test which are not always perfect.

The general cadence for releases is about 1 month. It looks like the
Christmas season got in the way and we're due for 1.4.13 soon. You can
watch the chatter on the dev mailing list to stay in the loop.

Your question about "stable" is not so easy to answer. It's a label
assigned by the HBase developers to try to give a simple answer to a
very complex question. Developers decide on what we feel is acceptable
to call "stable", and will move it when we think it's
appropriate/necessary. Our goal is to try to make the best experience
for our users to save you all pain/heartache/grief.

One more thing I'd ask is that you remember that we're all volunteers
here. Day jobs, families, and all sorts of other things can get in the
way. This doesn't mean that something isn't, persay, urgent or critical
to "do" (fix, investigate, release), but just that we don't have enough
bandwidth to do everything we're asked to do.

Specifically around releases, we're always looking for more people to
help drive the release process. Those who can corral Jira issues, do
testing, and stage release candidates are very welcome and desired to
help make our releases happen on a regular cadence. If you have the
time/resources to help our, let us know on the dev list.

- Josh