hbase-user mailing list archives

From Reid Chan <reidddc...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: How to avoid write hot spot, While using cross row transactions.
Date Fri, 10 Jan 2020 05:47:04 GMT
I think you need some more coding works for fulfilling Atomicity in cross region scenario,
by aid of some third party softwares, like Zookeeper.

AFAIK, Procedure framework in Master may also have ability to do that, but I'm not sure the
details of it and if it supports client customized procedure (I remember the answer is negative).

Last but not lease, what about trying Phoenix?

--------------------------

Best regards,
R.C

From: Kang Minwoo <minwoo.kang@outlook.com>
Sent: 10 January 2020 12:51
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: How to avoid write hot spot, While using cross row transactions.

Hello, users.

I use MultiRowMutationEndpoint coprocessor for cross row transactions.
It has a constraint that is rows must be located in the same region.
I removed random hash bytes in the row key.
After that, I suffer write hot-spot.

But cross row transactions are a core feature in my application. When I put a new data row,
I put an index row.

Before I use MultiRowMutationEndpoint coprocessor, I had a mismatch between the data row and
the index row.

Is there any best practice in that situation?
I want to avoid write hot-spot and use an index.

Best regards,
Minwoo Kang