hbase-user mailing list archives

From Whitney Jackson <whjack...@gmail.com>
Subject replication fix and hbase 1.4.13?
Date Mon, 27 Jan 2020 16:04:18 GMT
Hi,

I've been running 1.4.12 with replication and experiencing the "random
region server aborts" as described here:

The underlying problem and fix (woohoo!) seems to be here:

I do see there is a failed jdk7 check noted at the end of 23205. Will that
prevent the fix from getting into 1.4.13? Also, when is 1.4.13 likely to
drop?

On a related note, how does the "stable" label work? I'm running 1.4.12 in
large part because it has that label. But as I discovered it also has this
known bug with a core feature (replication). It seems serious to me but the
urgency on fixing it seems to be low. That surprises me given the
importance of the bug and the "stable" label. Would I be better off keeping
up with the latest and greatest 2.x if my biggest concern is stability?

Whitney