hbase-user mailing list archives

From Kang Minwoo <minwoo.k...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: How to reload dynamic Coprocessors
Date Tue, 14 May 2019 07:41:15 GMT
Thank you for your reply.

I tried to update the table descriptor using set HTableDescriptor#setValue(byte[], byte[]).
the table descriptor changed sucessfully.
But the region doesn't reopen. so new jar didn't apply.

Why don't we provide a coprocessor jar file update method for users?
Is it not a good idea?

Best regards,
Minwoo Kang

보낸 사람: 张铎(Duo Zhang) <palomino219@gmail.com>
보낸 날짜: 2019년 5월 14일 화요일 11:44
받는 사람: hbase-user
제목: Re: How to reload dynamic Coprocessors

I think the safest way is to disable the table first, then update the
coprocessor jar in place, and then enable the table.

Or another way is to upload the coprocessor jar to another place, and
update the table descriptor to point to the new place. I think this could
be done by code, as you can completely replace the old coprocessor config.
Not sure if this is easy to do through shell.

Kang Minwoo <minwoo.kang@outlook.com> 于2019年5月14日周二 上午10:36写道: