hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Publishing hbase binaries with different hadoop release lines
Date Thu, 30 May 2019 17:39:35 GMT
The separate compatibility modules repo idea is appealing, especially if it
can provide a single jar that also shades and includes Hadoop classes and
their specific dependencies. This would simplify version specific
deployment: Unpack HBase tarball, remove included hbase-hadoop-*.jar,
download appropriate hbase-hadoop-*.jar from hbase-hadoop-compat artifact,
put it into lib/, you are good to go. No need to worry about multiple
Hadoop component jars, their dependencies like guava and jackson and
whatnot.

The build and assembly files for such an uber compat module would also
serve as a template for anyone who wants to roll their own for a new Hadoop
version or an API compatible set of alternative jars.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands