hbase-user mailing list archives

From yuhang li <89389114...@gmail.com>
Subject When should we use volatile modifier in HMaster?
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2019 07:24:09 GMT
Hi all, I'm developing some new features based on HBase-1.2.9 and found  a
weird thing that´╝î in class HMaster some properties are volatile, while
others are not volatile and I haven't found any  synchronization for them.
As far as I know, volatile is use to to guarantee visibility among multiple
threads. There is no doubt HMaster is accessed by many threads. So, why
there are only a small part of variables are volatile?