hbase-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: hbase version
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2019 16:09:03 GMT
Compared to 2.0.4, I believe you'll be better off moving onto HBase
2.1.2 at this point. IIRC, the consensus was to shift focus onto 2.1
(eventually, 2.2, and onward) instead of letting people get stuck on
"old" versions.

In general, I'd expect the 1.4 line to be rather bullet-proof, but
getting onto HBase 2 will benefit you in the long run.

I'd refer you to the Hadoop documentation to get the "stable" Hadoop
release, or refer to the section in the HBase book which covers this
information as well.