hbase-user mailing list archives

From Radu Andrei Nedelcu <r...@disruptive.engineering>
Subject HBase with Thrift and Python throwing cybin.ProtocolError
Date Mon, 24 Sep 2018 09:50:45 GMT
Hi everyone,

Apologies if this question has been answered already, I have done a lot of research in the
matter and have not found anything.

I am using Apache HBase version 1.2.6 with Thrift and using Python 3.6 with happybase 1.1.0
to access HBase.

Unfortunately, quite often I get the following error:

 File "thriftpy/protocol/cybin/cybin.pyx", line 439, in cybin.TCyBinaryProtocol.read_message_begin
(thriftpy/protocol/cybin/cybin.c:6470)
cybin.ProtocolError: No protocol version header

I am aware that this error can occur when using happybase with Python multiprocessing, however
I get this error even when that is not the case.

Our HBase has a default configuration and does not have any authentication. I normally start
Thrift by using hbase-daemon.sh start thrift.

Can you please advise me if the setup is incompatible somehow or if there is a certain setting
I might be missing?

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Radu