hbase-user mailing list archives

From Antonio Si <antonio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question on reducing number of versions
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2018 22:51:39 GMT
Thanks Anil.

We are using hbase on s3. Yes, I understand 18000 is very high. We are in
the process of reducing it.

If I have a snapshot and I restore the table from this snapshot. Let's call
this table t1.
I then clone another table from the same snapshot, call it t2.

If I reduce the max versions of t2 and run a major compaction on t2, will I
see the decrease in table size for t2? If I compare the size of t2 and t1,
I should see a smaller size for t2?

Thanks.

Antonio.