hbase-user mailing list archives

From Antonio Si <antonio...@gmail.com>
Subject question on reducing number of versions
Date Sun, 26 Aug 2018 21:34:05 GMT
Hello,

I have a hbase table whose definition has a max number of versions set to
36000.
I have verified that there are rows which have more than 20000 versions
saved.

Now, I change the definition of the table and reduce the max number of
versions to 18000. Will I see the size of the table being reduced as I am
not seeing that?

Also, after I reduce the max number of versions, I try to create a
snapshot, but I am getting a
com.amazon.ws.emr.hadoop.fs.shaded.com.amazonaws.services.s3.mo

del.AmazonS3Exception: Not Found (Service: Amazon S3; Status Code: 404;
Error Code: 404 Not Found;

What may be the cause of that?

I am using s3 as my storage.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.