hbase-user mailing list archives

From Alchemist <alchemistsrivast...@gmail.com>
Subject How to Configure Standby Master on EMR
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2018 22:14:28 GMT

We are doing POC to evaluate HBase in front of S3 in EMR. Everything looks good but we came
to know from Amazon site that Master node recovery is not supported (https://aws.amazon.com/emr/faqs/).
I know that HA is supported by Cloudera, Hortonworks etc.Since Hbase is opensource I want
to know if there is anyway I can manually configure standby master node and use Apache ZooKeeper
to perform leader election.If the active Master fails, a stand-by will take its place. If
yes what are the manual settings do I need to perform.