hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mark Bonetti <mark.bonetti.sc...@gmail.com>
Subject Which monitoring metrics to alert on?
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2018 10:13:54 GMT
Hi,
I'm building a monitoring system for HBase and want to set up default
alerts (threshold or anomaly) on 2-3 key metrics everyone who uses HBase
typically wants to alert on, but I don't yet have production-grade
experience with HBase.

Importantly, alert rules have to be generally useful, so can't be on
metrics whose values vary wildly based on the size of deployment.

In other words, which metrics would be most significant indicators that
something went wrong with your HBase?

I thought the best place to find experienced HBase users, who would find
answering this question trivial, would be here.

Thanks very much,
Mark