hbase-user mailing list archives

From iain wright <iainw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase with AWS EMR
Date Wed, 31 Jan 2018 05:55:07 GMT
Not sure re:example but you will need network access to the cluster on
relevant ports (via AWS security groups), there is no
authentication/authorization afaik for EMR, esp. not integrated with IAM,
unless you are trying to add steps to a cluster or bring up a cluster/etc.
from java

You will likely want to just copy the relevant config dirs (
HADOOP_CONF_DIR, YARN_CONF_DIR, HBASE_CONF_DIR or wherever hbase_site.xml
is, etc.) to wherever you are establishing your client from, and set them
as env variables/get them into your classpath before starting the client

--
Iain Wright

This email message is confidential, intended only for the recipient(s)
named above and may contain information that is privileged, exempt from
disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, do
not disclose or disseminate the message to anyone except the intended
recipient. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named
recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender by return email, and
delete all copies of this message.