hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jerry He <jerry...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase Snapshot Export Data storage
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2018 21:02:56 GMT
Keeping the data files in the /hbase/archive is the way how snapshot (and
exported snapshot) works.
There are reference links to them so that they are not actually
cleaned/deleted.
And restored snapshot will answer client query by following the
reference links to these data files.
It is not necessary to do compaction just to rewrite the data files back to
/hbase/data to access the data.

Thanks,

Jerry