hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question About preSplit() hook
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2017 15:48:14 GMT
If you look at hbase-server/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/
regionserver/SplitTransactionImpl.java where the hook is called, you would
see that splitRow is passed to SplitTransactionImpl ctor.

In SplitRequest, which creates SplitTransactionImpl, calls the row midKey.

Please read HBASE-19331 which gives the background on how the midKey is
computed.