hbase-user mailing list archives

From Arul Ramachandran <arkup...@gmail.com>
Subject Offheap config question for Hbase 1.1.2
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2017 15:52:13 GMT
In HBase 1.1.2, I am setting up bucket cache. I set MaxDirectMemory size
greater than hbase.bucket.cache.size  - only then it would work.

1) Does HBASE_REGIONSERVER_OPTS -XX:MaxDirectMemorySize needs to be greater
than hbase.bucket.cache.size?
2) It seems with hbase 1.1.2, HBASE_MASTER_OPTS also needs the
 -XX:MaxDirectMemorySize setting?

IIRC, in Hbase 0.98, I had to set -XX:MaxDirectMemorySize less than
hbase.bucket.cache.size --and-- I did not have to set
 -XX:MaxDirectMemorySize for HBASE_MASTER_OPTS.

Thanks,
Arul