hbase-user mailing list archives

From Cheyenne Forbes <cheyenne.osanu.for...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Co-processors: Know if row is being deleted by TTL
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2017 05:31:46 GMT
I'm sorry, "*postDelete*" wasnt supposed to be a link, I copied the text
and gmail sent it as a link.

*Use case:*

When a user is commenting with a photo it is uploaded to be able to be
previewed and the id of the photo is added to a hbase table "tempFiles"
with a 5 hour TTL for each row, if the user submits the comment, the row is
deleted manually and *postDelete* would "ignore" it but if it isnt
submitted and the TTL reaches, *postDelete* would run a piece of code which
would delete the file from my file server