hbase-user mailing list archives

From Alexandr Porunov <alexandr.poru...@gmail.com>
Subject “Could not find or load main class” when running with systemctl
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2017 10:14:09 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to run hbase 1.3.1 with systemctl on fedora 26 but without
success.

If I execute `/usr/lib/hbase/bin/start-hbase.sh` it starts just fine.
But I need to write systemctl wrapper around hbase.
I don't understand what am I doing wrong. I am using hdfs user to start
hbase in both cases.

Here is my /etc/systemd/system/hbase.service :

    [Unit]
    Description=Hbase Service

    [Service]
    User=hdfs
    Group=hadoop
    Type=forking
    ExecStart=/usr/lib/hbase/bin/start-hbase.sh
    ExecStop=/usr/lib/hbase/bin/stop-hbase.sh
    TimeoutStartSec=2min
    Restart=on-failure

    [Install]
    WantedBy=multi-user.target

After `systemctl start hbase` execution `systemctl status hbase` shows:

    Error: Could not find or load main class Cannot

What am I doing wrong?

Sincerely