hbase-user mailing list archives

From Dima Spivak <dimaspi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hbase on docker container with persistent storage
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2017 22:13:41 GMT
Udbhav,

Volumes are Docker's way of having folders or files from the host machine
bypass the union filesystem used within a Docker container. As such, if a
container with a volume is killed, the data from that volume should remain
there. That said, if whatever caused the container to die affects the
filesystem within the container, it would also affect the data on the host.

Running HBase in the manner you've described is not typical in anything
resembling a production environment, but if you explain more about your use
case, we could provide more advice. That said, how you'd handle data
locality and, in particular, multi-host deployments of HBase in this manner
is more of a concern for me than volume data corruption. What kind of scale
do you need to support? What kind of performance do you expect?

-Dima