hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sachin Jain <sachinjain...@gmail.com>
Subject Any Repercussions of using Multiwal
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2017 05:39:55 GMT
Hi,

I was in the middle of a situation where I was getting
*RegionTooBusyException* with log something like:

    *Above Memstore limit, regionName = X ... memstore size = Y and
blockingMemstoreSize = Z*

This potentially hinted me towards *hotspotting* of a particular region. So
I fixed my keyspace partitioning to have more uniform distribution per
region. It did not completely fix the problem but definitely delayed it a
bit.

Next thing, I enabled *multiWal*. As I remember there is a configuration
which leads to flushing of memstores when the threshold of wal is reached.
Upon doing this, problem seems to go away.

But, this raises couple of questions

1. Are there any reprecussions of using *multiWal* in production
environment ?
2. If there are no repercussions and only benefits of using *multiWal*, why
is this not turned on by default. Let other consumers turn it off in
certain (whatever) scenarios.

PS: *Hbase Configuration*
Single Node (Local Setup) v1.3.1 Ubuntu 16 Core machine.

Thanks
-Sachin