hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sachin Jain <sachinjain...@gmail.com>
Subject Regarding Connection Pooling
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2017 12:44:31 GMT
Hi,

I was going through connections in hbase. Here is reference from
ConnectionFactory API doc.

>  Connection encapsulates all housekeeping for a connection to the
cluster. All tables and interfaces created from returned connection share
zookeeper connection, meta cache, and connections to region servers and
masters.

Suppose I am building a REST api and trying to retrieve data from Hbase in
REST calls. I am thinking to pre-create a connection and use it among
different request threads.

Suppose I get multiple requests for keys within same region, will that
single connection be able to serve multiple requests via same region server
?

Or Are those requests handled serially because once a request is made to
region server for key1,
another requests for key2,..,keyN have to wait for request of key1 to
complete.

Even if I create a connection pool of pre-created connections of N size,
does that mean I can serve only N parallel requests if all those requests
have to deal with same hbase region server. Is this true ?

[0]:
https://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/ConnectionFactory.html

Thanks
-Sachin