hbase-user mailing list archives

From jeff saremi <jeffsar...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: What is the cause for RegionTooBusyException?
Date Sat, 20 May 2017 03:01:18 GMT
thanks James for the hints

________________________________
From: James Moore <jcmoore@hubspot.com>
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2017 7:42:02 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: What is the cause for RegionTooBusyException?

That error appears to be coming from a batch call, 12695 out of 69261
operations failed with a RegionTooBusyException Some of the causes can be.

1. A full MemStore such as if you write to the MemStore faster than it can
flush or if it's too small to fit incoming writes
2. Too many storefiles for the region without compaction.  The default
number of store files which will start blocking inbound writes is 15
3. If the region is in the process of being closed but has long running
operations such as a scanner fetch active.

You should be able to see some additional info for the exact cause of the
exception in your region servers logs or in the message of a specific
RegionTooBusy exception.

cheers,

--James