hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Balancing a table's regions across region servers
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2017 09:42:42 GMT
If you look at the patch for HBASE-3373, you would see that there is a
config to enable per table balancing.
This was developed before StochasticLoadBalancer became the default
balancer.

In StochasticLoadBalancer, you need to increase the weight for
hbase.master.balancer.stochastic.tableSkewCost
Default weight is 35. Consider increasing to 500 range.

FYI