hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Unlimited number of versions for a column family ?
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2017 09:14:38 GMT
w.r.t. using negative value for max versions, see the following:

  public HColumnDescriptor setMaxVersions(int maxVersions) {

    if (maxVersions <= 0) {

      // TODO: Allow maxVersion of 0 to be the way you say "Keep all
versions".

      // Until there is support, consider 0 or < 0 -- a configuration error.

      throw new IllegalArgumentException("Maximum versions must be positive"
);

BTW MAX_INT is not unlimited :-)