hbase-user mailing list archives

From Saad Mufti <saad.mu...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase 1.0 Per Put TTL Not Being Obeyed On Replication
Date Wed, 26 Apr 2017 20:38:04 GMT
Hi,

I have a main HBase 1.x cluster and some of the tables are being replicated
to a separate HBase cluster of the same version, and the table schemas are
identical. The column family being used has TTL set to "FOREVER", but we do
a per put TTL in every Put we issue on the main cluster.

Data is being replicated but we recently caught a number of data items that
have disappeared in the main cluster as expected based on their TTL but not
in the replica. Both HBase clusters have hfile.format.version set to 3 so
TTL tags should be obeyed. I haven't checked yet whether it is a case of
the replica not obeying ANY TTL's or just some.

Before we dig deeper, I was hoping someone in the community would point it
out if we have missed any obvious gotchas.

Thanks.

-------
Saad