hbase-user mailing list archives

From Proust(Proust/Feng Guizhou) [FDS Payment] ­ <pf...@coupang.com>
Subject HBase Schema Version Control/Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
Date Tue, 18 Apr 2017 03:48:43 GMT
Hi, HBase Users

After using HBase for sometime, we have more and more tables in the
Cluster, and usually we need new tables or change some existing table
schema(e.g. Mark Column Family IN_MEMORY) for new application features or
performance tuning, currently we are maintain all the HBase Schemas
manually, it is hard to find out what's the change need to be deployed.

As Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment are basic things to
automate schema deployment and version control them for each deployment,
any suggested solutions or best practices recommended?

I have looked at Flyway and Liquibase, seems none of them support HBase yet

Thanks a lot