hbase-user mailing list archives

From schausson <schaus...@softera.fr>
Subject Re: Unlimited number of versions for a column family ?
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2017 09:28:58 GMT
OK, so this is not supported for now...

Additional questions related to region size :

If I set "versions" to high value (several millions for instance), the size
of a row may exceed the region size...What will happen in such case ?

And if I consider another design, like saving versions in additional
colmumns (column id could be concatenated with history timestamp), the same
question raises up : if we save millions of columns, what is the behavior
when row size exceeds the region size ?

Thanks again for your help