hbase-user mailing list archives

From schausson <schaus...@softera.fr>
Subject Unlimited number of versions for a column family ?
Date Tue, 25 Apr 2017 08:49:33 GMT
Hi,

I just spent a couple of hours reading documentation about versioning
management.

I understood that there is no theorietical limit to the number of versions
that hbase can store (even if I perfectly understood from this forum that
this is not a good design to keep thousands of versions for a given cell !),
but couldn't figure out how to specify at creation time that I want to store
an unbounded number of versions...

>From hbase shell perspective, it could be something similar to :

Is this possible or must I necessarily specify a predefined upper limit
(100, 1000, whatever...) ?

Thanks for your help

Sebastien