hbase-user mailing list archives

From Henning Blohm <henning.bl...@zfabrik.de>
Subject limiting user threads on client
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2017 16:14:17 GMT
Hi,

I am running an HBase client on a very resource limited machine. In
particular numproc is limited so that I frequently get "Cannot create
native thread" OOMs. I noticed that, in particular in write situations,
the hconnection pool grows into the hundreds of threads - even when at
most writing with less than ten application threads. Threads are
discarded again after some minutes.

In conjunction with other programs running on that machine, this
sometimes leads to an "overload" situation.

Is there a way to keep thread pool usage limited - or in some closer
relation with the actual concurrency required?

Thanks,

Henning