hbase-user mailing list archives

From jeff saremi <jeffsar...@hotmail.com>
Subject Need guidance on Custom Compaction Policy
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2017 19:29:02 GMT
I mentioned some of this in another thread. We have a readonly database which get bulk loaded
using HFiles.
We want to keep only two versions/generations of data. Since the size of data is massive we
need to delete the older generation.

Since we write one single HBase for each region for each CF for each generation, could we
just yank the older files using a separate standalone process? (sounds a little scary)

If not, could we write a custom compactor? what's involved (some pointers please)? thanks

Jeff