hbase-user mailing list archives

From Pradheep Shanmugam <Pradheep.Shanmu...@infor.com>
Subject Hbase Locality/table balancing
Date Tue, 07 Mar 2017 19:35:45 GMT
Hi,

I have a Hbase(1.1.2) cluster with 8 region servers in AWS..I bring down the cluster everyday
and bring it up again next day.

Every day the locality keeps decreasing(95, 80, 70) and does not go up even after doing major
compaction of all the tables. Why is it so?
Also the regions of a particular table are not gettting equally distrubuted after the cluster
is up..I have to run the hbase move commands to move the table regions around..but the locality
does not go up even after this..
But the overall regions are distributed equally across the region servers. I guess this is
done by the balancer.

Thanks,
Pradheep