hbase-user mailing list archives

From ramkrishna vasudevan <ramkrishna.s.vasude...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Optimizations for a Read-only database
Date Fri, 17 Mar 2017 17:40:01 GMT
Hi

Default memstore is 0.42 of the heap size. You can just make it 0.1 and
rest give to block cache. It will ensure that you have maximum data in the
block cache.  It is better for reads. In case of latest trunk you can even
use bucket cache in offheap mode but as it is not available as a release
you may not be able to make use of it.

How many hfiles do you expect to be loaded. If it is not too many you can
disable the major compaction.

BTW which version are you using?

Regards
Ram