hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sreeram <sreera...@gmail.com>
Subject Question in WALEdit
Date Wed, 22 Mar 2017 12:19:19 GMT
Hi,

 I have below questions on WALEdit. Looking forward to answer from the
community.

 a) I understand that all Cells in a given WALEdit form part of a single
transaction. Since HBase atomicity is at row level, this implies all Cells
in a given WALEdit have the same row key. is this understanding is correct

 b) With MultiWAL, does log sequence monotonically increase based on
transaction time stamp ?  Specifically, suppose there two transactions for
two different tables for a single region server at times t0 and t1 (t0 <
t1). In the presence of MultiWAL, will the postWALEdit() coprocessor event
for transaction 0 be triggered before than transaction 1?

Thanks,

Sreeram

PS: I use HBase version 1.2.0