hbase-user mailing list archives

From Frank Luo <j...@merkleinc.com>
Subject RE: Whether turning off assignSeqIds using hbase bulk load will cause adverse impact or not
Date Wed, 01 Mar 2017 15:21:15 GMT
Flushing memstore could happen at any time and should not have visible performance impact.
Why you want to avoid doing that?

-----Original Message-----
From: 沈国权 [mailto:shenguoquan1986@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2017 2:18 AM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Whether turning off assignSeqIds using hbase bulk load will cause adverse impact
or not

Hi community:

    Currently our environment will import about 200G into HBase each day.
These datas are cross six tables which table has about 100 Regions. We use HBase bulk tools
completed these import tasks. We investigate HBase source code found when bulk loading task
happen, HRegionServer will at firstly flush memstore according to each HRegion, We want to
turn off assignSeqIds avoid each HRegion to force flush memstore. But We don't know these
adverse impact if we do. Please help me to point out these impacts. Thanks
Access Merkle’s award-winning Digital Marketing Report for the latest trends and benchmarks
in digital marketing<http://www2.merkleinc.com/l/47252/2017-01-25/4k525x>

Which brand's Super Bowl LI advertisement was best amplified on digital media? Merkle's 2017
Digital Bowl Report has the results!<http://www2.merkleinc.com/l/47252/2017-02-03/4kcz6l>
This email and any attachments transmitted with it are intended for use by the intended recipient(s)
only. If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and then
delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not keep, use, disclose, copy or
distribute this email without the author’s prior permission. We take precautions to minimize
the risk of transmitting software viruses, but we advise you to perform your own virus checks
on any attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability for any loss or damage caused
by software viruses. The information contained in this communication may be confidential and
may be subject to the attorney-client privilege.
View raw message