hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ismaël Mejía <ieme...@gmail.com>
Subject Mini announcement HBase connector for Apache Beam
Date Wed, 22 Feb 2017 11:27:39 GMT
​Hello,

I have been working in the last weeks on a connector to use HBase in Apache
Beam (the evolution of Google’s Dataflow model), and it was finally merged
today.

https://github.com/apache/beam/tree/master/sdks/java/io/hbase

This message is a call for those interested on using HBase with Apache Beam
to try it and report any issue or additional need not covered by the
current version of the IO. I will be more than happy to address any issue.

Of course, for the more hardcore HBase contributors, I wouldn’t mind if
some of you guys could take a look and give me feedback on stuff I can
improve (or even better if you are  interested to contribute your
ideas/improvements in our community).

Finally I want to thank you guys for your work on HBase, it was really nice
to use your APIs, and HBaseTestingUtility was a life-saver to test my
implementation.

Thanks,
Ismaël Mejía

ps. I don’t know if Solomon Duskis still follows this mailing list, but
just in case, thanks a lot Solomon, your ideas for Google’s Cloud Dataflow
really had a profound influence on my implementation.​