hbase-user mailing list archives

From jeff saremi <jeffsar...@hotmail.com>
Subject Need guidance on getting detailed elapsed times in every stage of processing a request
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2017 20:37:26 GMT
I think we need to get detailed information from HBase RegionServer logs on how a request (read
or write) is processed. Specifically speaking, i need to know of say 100 ms time spent in
processing a write, how much of it was spent waiting for the HDFS?
What is the most efficient way of enabling this in log4j properties? Are there better mechanisms
to get this information?

If I can get this in the log, then I can process the logs offline or in neartime and mount
some dashboards on the top.

thanks

Jeff