hbase-user mailing list archives

From jeff saremi <jeffsar...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: On HBase Read Replicas
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2017 16:43:42 GMT
Thanks Anoop.

Understood.

Have there been enhancement requests or discussions on load balancing by providing additional
replicas in the past? Has anyone else come up with anything on this?
thanks

________________________________
From: Anoop John <anoop.hbase@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 16, 2017 2:35:48 AM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: On HBase Read Replicas

The region replica feature came in so as to reduce the MTTR and so
increase the data availability.  When the master region containing RS
dies, the clients can read from the secondary regions.  But to keep
one thing in mind that this data from secondary regions will be bit
out of sync as the replica is eventual consistent.   Because of this
said reason,  change client so as to share the load across diff RSs
might be tough.

-Anoop-