hbase-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dropping a very large table - 75million rows
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2017 21:12:43 GMT
Ganesh -- I was trying to get at maybe there is a terminology issue
here. If you disable+drop the table, this is an operation on the order
of Regions you have. The number of rows/entries is irrelevant. Closing
and deleting a region is a relatively fast operation.

Can you please confirm: are you trying to delete the entire table or are
you trying to delete the *contents* of a table?

If it is the former, I stand by my "you're worried about nothing" comment :)