hbase-user mailing list archives

From Henning Blohm <henning.bl...@zfabrik.de>
Subject Configuring HBase namespace in client config
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2017 15:24:37 GMT
Hi,

I am considering to run the same application for two different tenants
on the same HBase cluster. Instead of changing table names, I would
prefer to make use of the namespace feature. Ideally, I would be able to
only change client connectivity configuration (*-site.xml properties)
and leave table names untouched as those are referenced in code.

 From what I read in the documentation it seems however that the only
way to reference a table in a non-default namespace is to prepend its
name with a colon separated namespace qualifier.

Is that true?

If it is, and tenants are originally meant to be used for multi-tenancy,
what makes them more useful than any other table name prefix?

Thanks,

Henning