hbase-user mailing list archives

From jeff saremi <jeffsar...@hotmail.com>
Subject Writing/Importing large number of records into HBase
Date Sat, 28 Jan 2017 03:28:22 GMT
Hi
I'm seeking some pointers/guidance on what we could do to insert billions of records that
we already have in avro files in hadoop into HBase.

I read some articles online and one of them recommended using HFile format. I took a cursory
look at the documentation for that. Given the complexity of that I think that may be the last
resort we want to pursue. Unless some library is out there that easily helps us write our
files into that format. I didn't see any.
Assuming that the Hbase native client may be our best bet, is there any advice around pre-paritioning
our records or such techniques that we could use?
thanks

Jeff