hbase-user mailing list archives

From nh kim <honey.and...@gmail.com>
Subject How fast and safe online schema changes are?
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2017 10:04:09 GMT
Hi All,

I’m planning to use HBase online schema changes, and going to ALTER TABLE,
especially ADD COLUMNs, on Phoenix.

Because my project handles quite a big dataset,
I want to make sure HBase supports quick and smooth schema changes without
disabling tables,
just as general RDMBS supports column modifications with very trivial delay.

It’ll be perfect if there is any performance or benchmark documentation.
But your any opinion or experience of that will be very helpful.

Thanks!
NaHeon