hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Configuring HBase namespace in client config
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2017 15:39:48 GMT
Namespace support makes many tasks easy - security, quota, etc

Suppose your table is a.tsv, it would be stored under default namespace.
On hdfs, you would see something like:

/apps/hbase/data/data/default/a.tsv

When you put the table under namespace a (a:tsv), the layout would be:

/apps/hbase/data/data/a/tsv

Please also read namespace related content under:

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#hbase.accesscontrol.configuration

Thanks