hbase-user mailing list archives

From Steen Manniche <boxun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: On signalling clients from coprocessors
Date Sun, 29 Jan 2017 15:42:48 GMT
Hi Gary,

thanks for taking the time to answer this. Indeed, from my tests, it seems
that throwing a CoprocessorException type is carried through to the client
and will not cause the HBase RegionServer to crash in the process. This is
great news, and will allow us to implement the application logic in a
coprocessor instead of outside the HBase service.

I can only wonder why this isn't documented better both in the API docs
(which says nothing at all) as well as in the HBase book - not one mention
of the semantics of the CoprocessorException type. Would it be good to open
an issue on Jira regarding this? Or am I just overlooking where the
CoprocessorException is described?