hbase-user mailing list archives

From Billy Watson <williamrwat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RPC calls in hbase
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2017 19:00:58 GMT
Disclaimer: this is what I think I know and I'm not an HBase contributor...

Anytime we get scanner timeouts like that, we first expand the timeout
itself like you're doing to fix the short-term problem. But then we look at
our rowkey design and what we're doing. Timeouts like that are usually
symptomatic of bad rowkey utilization, too few servers or too many regions
per server (and therefore too little RAM to serve the regions).

Make sure you're using good rowkey design and actually taking advantage of
your rowkey. HBase wasn't really intended to do random scans of columns
without rowkey filters which is why I think that timeout is set so low by
default.

This page helps:

http://hbase.apache.org/0.94/book/rowkey.design.html

William Watson
Lead Software Engineer

On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 1:41 AM, Rajeshkumar J <rajeshkumarit8292@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Stack,
>
>    Yes it worked. I had a serious doubt regarding lease does not exist
> exception. We have 30 tables which have 45 million records each. We are
> scanning the table initially process is successful but after it gets failed
> with lease does not exist exception. By changing hbase.rpc.timeout and
> hbase.client.scanner.timeout.period it got succeeded. It runs for sometime
> but again it fails. Then again increasing the value it gets succeeded.
> Initially I have default values for these two property 60000 and then
> changed to 70000 and then changed to 80000.
>
>   Can you tell me how to resolve this?
>
> On Wed, Jan 4, 2017 at 11:42 AM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
>
> > Yeah. Try it.
> >
> > On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 9:18 PM, Rajeshkumar J <
> rajeshkumarit8292@gmail.com
> > >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > So I need to add property in log4j.properties as below
> > >
> > > log4j.logger.org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer = TRACE

> > > rajeshkumarit8292@gmail.com

Also I