hbase-user mailing list archives

From ashish singhi <ashish.sin...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Hbase Replication || Impact on cluster || Storage
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2017 10:56:08 GMT
Hi

bq. what if destination cluster goes down so does it mean replicated data will start retail
slave data (replicated Wals) in Master cluster memory?

Data which is yet to be replicated is tracked through Zookeeper currently.

bq. if its true can we not disable it?

We should disable the table replication only when we don't need that table data to be replicated
any more.

Suggest you to read https://hbase.apache.org/book.html#_cluster_replication section from the
HBase book.

Regards,
Ashish

-----Original Message-----
From: Manjeet Singh [mailto:manjeet.chandhok@gmail.com]
Sent: 15 January 2017 11:15
To: user@hbase.apache.org; BAD BOY **
Subject: Hbase Replication || Impact on cluster || Storage

Hi All,

I have question regarding Hbase replication The clusters participating in replication can
be of different sizes. The master cluster relies on randomization to attempt to balance the
stream of replication on the slave clusters. It is expected that the slave cluster has storage
capacity to hold the replicated data. If a slave cluster does not have this memory or is inaccessible
for other reasons, it throws an error and the master retains the WAL and retries the replication
at intervals

so based on above information what if destination cluster goes down so does it mean replicated
data will start retail slave data (replicated Wals) in Master cluster memory?
if its true can we not disable it?

Thanks
Manjeet

--