hbase-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Performance: HBase Native Java Client versus Thrift Java client
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2017 19:57:47 GMT
Would recommend that you brush up on your understanding of the HBase
architecture.

Clients do not receive table data from the HBase Master at any point.
This is purely a RegionServer operation.

http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#_architecture

jeff saremi wrote:
> I'd like to understand if there are any considerations on why one would use thrift versus
the direct client?

> I was told that Thrift server allow key-caching which would result in faster key-to-regionserver
queries as opposed to getting that from the Hbase master nodes. It would also alleviate the
load on the master.

> At the same time, we know if going through Thrift would add to the latency since it's
an indirect way of getting at data.