hbase-user mailing list archives

From Josh Elser <els...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hbase Thrift | Support to call DAO written in java from C++/C#
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2017 16:56:06 GMT

Manjeet Singh wrote:

> I come to know about thrift but as per my understanding on thrift client
> and server should be on same language thrift only give direct access to
> other language (correct me if I am wrong)

You are incorrect. One of the features of Thrift is that the client and
server can be implemented in different languages. A Java client can talk
to a Ruby server, a C++ client can talk to a Java server, etc.

> if above statement is wrong so is it possible as showing in below image
>

> Inline image 2

Reminder: images are stripped by the mailing list.

> second How can i generate c++ code from thrift ( I am using HDP which
> already having hbase thrift so do I need to download separate thrift)

You need to have the correct version of Thrift installed to generate the
code for other languages (than Java which is bundled) from the IDL.

See http://thrift.apache.org/ for more details on how to generate the
bindings in other languages.

e.g. `thrift --gen <language> <Thrift filename>`