hbase-user mailing list archives

From marjana <mivko...@us.ibm.com>
Subject replication concepts - enabling peer vs enabling table replication
Date Tue, 31 Jan 2017 14:10:45 GMT
Hello,

I have a question related to replication. I want to setup master->slave
replication.
hbase.replication is set to true on both clusters.
I added a peer, shows as enabled. When I run "status 'replication'", I see
that replication lag is growing, as well as SizeOfLogQueue. I haven't
enabled replication for any tables yet (list_replication_tables shows no
tables).
Why are SizeOfLogQueue and replication lag growing? I don't want to
accumulate old WALs, before I enable replication for tables. I thought that
happens only at that point. Could someone shine some light on this for me?
Thanks
Marjana