hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sandeep Reddy <sandeepvre...@outlook.com>
Subject Re: RegionSevevers repeatedly getting killed with GC Pause and Zookeeper timeout
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2016 06:24:22 GMT
Hi,

>From past one week multiple regionservers are getting killed due to GC pause and zookeeper
timeouts exceptions.

We are trying to tune GC values with different HBASE_OPTS, but no luck.

Following is our regionserver configuration:

  *   Hardware: 24GB RAM with 8 Cores
  *
hbase-env.sh configuration:
export HBASE_STOP_TIMEOUT="180"
export HBASE_OPTS="$HBASE_OPTS -XX:+HeapDumpOnOutOfMemoryError -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC
-XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=70 -Xmn256m -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly"
export HBASE_OPTS="$HBASE_OPTS -XX:MaxNewSize=128m -XX:NewSize=128m"
export HBASE_REGIONSERVER_OPTS="-Xmx5g -Xms5g"
export HBASE_OPTS="$HBASE_OPTS -XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=5g"
export HBASE_MANAGES_ZK=false
  *
export HBASE_HEAPSIZE=4096

  *   zookeeper tickTime=2000

Can any one please help us to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Sandeep.